Macquarie’s annual celebration of pedagogy and scholarship, Learning and Teaching Week was held from 16-20 September 2013. As presenters are encouraged each year to publish their work as a way of sharing practice and furthering research in this area, an eBook option was offered as a new publishing platform to those who presented papers, symposia, roundtables and workshops.
Entitled Our University, Our Future: Selected Research from Learning and Teaching Week 2013, the eBook showcases research from across the faculties of Business and Economics, Science, Human Sciences and the Learning and Teaching Centre. The 1,500 word double-blind peer reviewed papers report on emerging research and capture snapshots of practice that may not be enough for a full paper elsewhere but are still useful for practitioners. Two themes which underscore the papers are ‘innovation’ and ‘PACE’, with the latter already an entrenched research focus here at Macquarie.
Titles in the collection are:
- A community of practice for teacher education academics, (Michael Cavanagh et al., Faculty of Human Sciences)
- Nine graduate capabilities, A highly diverse student body, A place to start,(Samantha Sin & Nicholas McGuigan, Faculty of Business and Economics)
- Development of an intensive mode Neuroanatomy unit utilising the Flipped Classroom, (Stephney Whillier et al., Faculty of Science)
- Work integrated learning and student satisfaction: a qualitative study in a business school, (Leanne M. Carter & Angela Romero, Faculty of Business and Economics)
- Work implications of teaching and administering work-integrated learning: The Macquarie University experience through PACE, (Anna Rowe et al., LTC, Faculty of Science)
- What makes a good student placement: Recognising the importance of people, (Anna Rowe & Theresa Winchester-Seeto, LTC).
Edited by Theresa Winchester-Seeto, Elizabeth Shoostovian and Vanessa Fredericks, and designed by Kathie Mason, the eBook can be accessed from MQ Research Online using the following link http://hdl.handle.net/1959.14/