Have you ever been stuck for a good idea? The library has developed a new module called ‘Generating Ideas’ that can be integrated into iLearn units. Researchers and students are encouraged to use it to stimulate ideas about topics.
The module features a range of exercises and ideas based on the library resources, and broader materials.
- How would you use newspaper databases to mine contemporary issues related to your field?
- Why do the Multisearch subject keywords present a trove of ideas and how can they work for you?
- For subjects requiring a creative story spin find connections through visual imagery, poetry and literature.
- How do you structure a research question to test whether it is addressing the research need?
- Mind mapping and wider resources on the web are also covered.
This visual and fun introduction to generating ideas should be a handy resource for units where students develop their own assignment investigations. It may also prove useful for researchers with ‘writer’s block’, or eager to explore alternative dimensions of a topic. For further information, contact your research librarian.