All academic staff who are thinking about promotion to the next level and would like to learn more about the academic promotion process at Macquarie are invited to attend applicant information sessions.
Applying for promotion to Lecturer and Senior Lecturer Information Session
Thursday, 21 April 2016 – 9.00am – 2pm
1.200 Lecture Theatre, Level 1, Australian Hearing Hub
Applying for promotion to Associate Professor and Professor Information Session
Friday, 29 April 2016 – 9.00am – 2pm
Lindsay Room, Level 3, Building C10A, Campus Hub
The sessions will assist you with preparing a strong application for promotion. The sessions will cover:
- Promotion process and criteria,
- Preparing for promotion, including preparing your promotion portfolio, selecting referees and preparing for an interview,
- Writing your research case, and Library support with tracking your research data,
- Writing your teaching case,
- Addressing community engagement criteria,
- Equity and diversity considerations in academic promotion,
- Reflections from previously successful applicants.
The sessions will be interactive and there will be time for questions and answers. Light lunch will be provided.
To RSVP and advise us of any dietary and access requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact Catherine L. R. McDonald on 9850 4287 or email email@example.com.