The Summit will include the opportunity to trial the some latest wearable technologies, an overview of the field by industry experts and scholars, a think-tank with colleagues to brainstorm the educational possibilities of wearable technologies, and the chance to participate in a wearable technologies trial next year. All sessions will be highly interactive and are designed to elicit your ideas for how we can leverage the potentials of wearable technologies in learning and teaching.
Where: Macquarie ICT Innovations Centre (Building C5B Room 1)
When: 9:30am-1:30pm, Thursday 27 November 2014
Who: All staff who are interested
Why: Keep us on the cutting edge and designing innovative pedagogies
Registration: (essential) https://mqedu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3Qmgjxdr0I21rw1
- 09:30 Registration
- 09:30-10:00 Experience wearables
- 10:00-11:00 Rob Manson (industry expert) overview and participant discussion
- 11:00-11:30 Morning tea, more experiencing wearables
- 11:30-12:00 Current state of the literature, devices, educator perceptions, and participant discussion
- 12:00-1:00 Group brainstorming of use cases and possibilities, overview of next stages of the MQ wearable technologies project (Google Glass trial in 2015)
If you are interested then please register now because places are limited.