The Echo360 Active Learning Platform is the latest upgrade to our lecture capture software. Automated lecture recordings and desktop capture uploads for Session 2 2017 onward will be carried out through the Active Learning Platform.
Once Session 2 2017 units have been created in iTeach, we require convenors and support staff to remove the Echo360 block link in iLearn and add the Echo360 Active Learning Platform block link in its place.
Enabling Echo360 Active Learning Platform block and removing Echo360 block
Login to iLearn and select a S2 2017 unit.
- Turn editing on.
- Find the Echo Recordings block. It contains the text ‘Launch Echo Centre’. Click the settings icon to reveal a menu.
- From the settings menu select ‘Delete Echo Recordings block’.
- Select ‘yes’ to confirm deletion.
- While editing is still on, find the ‘Add a block‘ dialogue (beneath the last listed block on the unit page) and use the drop-down menu to select ‘Active Learning Platform’.
- The block link will be displayed. It looks similar to the Echo360 block link, so shouldn’t cause any student confusion during the change. At this point, the block is now accessible to students. When a student clicks the block they will be shown the unit’s Active Learning Platform page.
Note – The recording list is now accessible to students, however there is an additional step to configure the block so that when a convenor or lecturer clicks, they are also taken to the unit’s Active Learning Platform page.
7. Click the newly created ‘Active Learning Platform’ block link
If you experience any difficulty with this change over, or have other questions relating to Echo360 Active Learning Platform, please either email email@example.com or submit a OneHelp ticket.
Workshops on other Echo360 Active Learning Platform features and functionality will be held over the next few months and other how-to posts and guidance notes will follow. If you have specific training requests, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.