The Tutoring Induction Program (TIP) is a professional development workshop program for tutors/sessional staff.
TIP was evaluated in 2014, and data gathered from participants and stakeholders revealed that:
- TIP is important and in demand: it supports sessional staff and benefits the entire University community
- Payment for TIP is essential
- TIP should be consistent across Faculties
- Administration is confusing and needs to be streamlined
- TIP needs to be flexible with face-face and online workshops.
- Tutors want more paid professional development please!
Based on all the great feedback and ideas that we received, TIP is being restructured. Session 1 will be a transition phase and will require participants to complete 6 workshops delivered through a combination of face-to-face and online modes. All eligible tutors will be paid upon completion of TIP. For information on eligibility for payment, please contact your department administrator.
Details about Session 2 will be finalised soon. Watch this space to keep up to date on the changes.
To see a list of TIP workshops offered in Session 1 and to register go to: https://www.mq.edu.au/ltc/Workshops/index.php
For information to provide feedback on current and future TIP workshops and sessions, please contact Dr Agnes Bosanquet firstname.lastname@example.org