The Teaching Induction Program is available in session 2. TIP is a blended professional learning program, developed and delivered by Faculty Learning and Teaching teams and Learning Innovation Hub (LIH) staff.
It is aimed at providing staff who are new (or newish) to teaching with what they need to get started (and keep going!). It includes introductions to teaching strategies and activities; available resources for engaging students face-to-face and online; good practice for assessment and feedback; and approaches to developing self-evaluative and reflective practice to develop and improve teaching.
Depending on your Faculty, TIP includes:
- Completion of modules in the TIP iLearn unit.
- Face-to-face workshops offered in Faculties or centrally (e.g. iLearn workshops.
- Specific learning and teaching events (e.g. LTX sessions, seminars, presentations).
- Other Faculty or Department-based activities (e.g. participation in peer observation of teaching, contributions to curriculum development).
- TiP is open to all Macquarie staff, including sessional and casual teaching staff, who are either new to teaching or who would like to expand their teaching skills or extend their knowledge, particularly in learning technologies, class craft, and assessment.
The requirements for TIP participation and certification are different for each Faculty so check with your own Faculty Learning and Teaching team for what’s available.
To enrol in TiP, click here.