Don’t know what the ICDE is, then check it out here. In short it is an international body that supports a global network for online, open and flexible education. The Australasian equivalent is ACODE, which most universities in Australia, New Zealand and the University of the South Pacific are members of. Macquarie University is a long term member and I am the local rep.
Latest Articles on Student Support Services from Open Praxis
Open Praxis is a peer-reviewed open access scholarly journal focusing on research and innovation in open, distance and flexible education. It is published by the International Council for Open and Distance Education – ICDE.
The latest issue of Open Praxis features an interesting range of papers on student support services including:
- The move from geographical to pedagogical student support at the Open University, UK;
- Wellness promotion in online learning with examples from the US and a set of recommendations;
- Open education resources (OER) in teaching and in learner support;
- Student drop-out rates at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia;
- Accessibility improvements for disabled students through cloud services at SUNY Empire State College, US;
- Course-embedded student support for online english language learners; and
- The introduction of an online student support platform at Wawasan Open University, Malaysia.