This scheme supports projects that focus on the implementation of the Learning and Teaching Strategic Framework and respective Faculty Learning and Teaching Plans.
There will be two rounds of funding as follows:
- Round 1: 6 February 2017: for 6-month strategic priority grants for completion in 2017. NOW OPEN !!!
- Round 2: 2 October 2017: for 6 & 12-month strategic priority grants for completion in 2018.
THE PROCESS: Key Points
- Staff interested in applying for these grants must first consult with their Faculty Associate Dean Learning and Teaching / Directors to discuss project ideas
- Faculties and Offices can nominate up to 2 projects for implementation in 2017.
- Collaborative projects across Faculties/Offices are encouraged and will not count towards the Faculty/Office limit.
- Projects may vary in scope and budget between $20,000 and $60,000
- Associate Deans Learning and Teaching / Directors must submit selected applications by COB: Monday 6 February 2017: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full explanation and further details, visit the website
How do you go from being a gamification sceptic to having to call a student ‘Ramses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk, Oops Where’s My Thribble’ as part of a class game you’ve designed? Oh, and winning a $50,000 Optus Future Makers prize? You tell us, Dr Rowan Tulloch…
Continue reading Fair game: finding the point of gamification
Macquaries University’s Strategic Infrastructure Scheme (MQSIS), for Learning and Teaching is designed to support Faculties and Offices planning towards priority learning and teaching investments.
In 2016-17 MQSIS funds will only support submissions that target the development of blended learning that balance digital and physical environments, and extend use of digital possibilities. For example:
Continue reading MQSIS Learning and Teaching 2016 for 2017: Now Open
EOFY is around the corner, and many have internal Learning & Teaching grant fund balances which have had little spending – or worst still have not been touched. If you are a grant team member and would like to ensure that all your budget commitments are processed within your project’s timelines, you’ll need to follow these easy steps to ensure you achieve your project goals:
Continue reading EOFY approaching: do you know your grant status?
The Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor Learning and Teaching is very happy to welcome two new staff: Yanru Ouyang and Asimo Krizan, who have commenced in the role of Learning & Teaching Grants and Awards Project Officer.
Continue reading Learning & Teaching Grants and Awards update
Macquarie staff are invited to apply for Government funding for Study Programs in the Indo-Pacific.
Continue reading New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant Applications 2017
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the Learning and Teaching grant & award schemes are being redeveloped in consultation with all Faculties to align better with targets articulated in the L&T Strategic Framework.
A reduced number of grant and award schemes will become available from February 2016.
It’s unlikely that ISP and Extension grants will be offered for an interim period while the focus is targetted on strategic priorities in student engagement, program-based curriculum development and professional development for staff.
More information will made available here next month.
Ever wished there was a handy repository of great stuff that Macquarie people are doing in learning and teaching?
Continue reading Nice shot! Introducing Teche Project Snapshots
Macquarie’s 2015 Entrepreneurship Competition, funded by a Learning and Teaching Strategic Priority grant, saw students win big prizes for their big ideas.
Continue reading A winning idea