Never fear, the iLearn Drop-in Clinic will soon be here!
The Drop-in Clinic will kick off on 9 February to support staff in readiness for the start of Session 1. On hand will be our friendly, supportive staff to help you with all things:
- iTeach – iLearn Spaces (in plain English, creating/activating your iLearn unit for the new session)
- iTeach – Unit Guides
- Echo360 (timetabled lectures continue to be automatically recorded – audio/screen capture depending on timetabled room facilities)
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s the time, date and location?
(click image to view larger size)
Ho ho ho and Christmas cheer, the end (of the year) is almost here!
The Christmas season is soon upon us. Please be aware of
iLearn support during the Christmas/New Year break:
Continue reading iLearn support over the Christmas and New Year period
Echo, synonymous with lecture recordings forms one pillar supporting the iLearn platform. Driven by largely by student demand, automated lecture capture at Macquarie has seen usage increase 30% year on year over the past decade. Current practice is to automatically record timetabled lectures in any of the 140 supported venues.
Continue reading Echo Sights Student Engagement
For some time, there has been discussion about having to schedule repeat lectures for very large units when the attendance reduces rather quickly.
Continue reading New Repeat Lecture Strategy
In Getting to know you… we introduce you to some of the fabulous, interesting and quirky people who help in keeping iLearn the awesome-o online learning space that it is.
This update we are going to get to know a man who many academics have dealt with over the years. Always friendly, always helpful and nothing is a problem, Pierre Bleiker, Digital Recording Administrator (Echo360). We put a face to the voice at the end of the phone.
Continue reading Getting to know you….
Everyone needs a little help sometimes……
Whether staff or student, at times we could do with a little bit of (iLearn) help.
Want to know how to get some iLearn help for yourself or know where to point students?
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- lodge a ticket with OneHelp
- Quick guides (includes videos)
- Info Sheets (Tips, tricks, tool guides, checklists and more in-depth resources to help you get the most out of iLearn)
- FAQs (access via this link or by this in the red bar across the top of the screen in iLearn )
- One to one appointments (email email@example.com to request)
- Drop-in Clinics run twice a year two weeks prior to and first week of semester
- Training – there is always a plethora of online or face-to-face training going on. Teach a man to fish……
People often lament that there is no help for students, however, this is soooo not the case.
- lodge a ticket with OneHelp
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guides for students
- FAQs (access via this link or by clicking the help icon in the red bar across the top of the screen in iLearn )
Echo360 Personal Capture training is proving so popular the iLearn team have added an extra session:
Wednesday 9 April
Details and registration here
Feeling like a broken record? There’s a solution for that!
Media in education has never been more popular and has a vast array of uses and benefits. Continue reading Ever wished you didn’t have to repeat yourself?