The Echo360 Active Learning Platform is the latest upgrade to our lecture capture software. Automated lecture recordings and desktop capture uploads for Session 2 2017 onward will be carried out through the Active Learning Platform.
Once Session 2 2017 units have been created in iTeach, we require convenors and support staff to remove the Echo360 block link in iLearn and add the Echo360 Active Learning Platform block link in its place.
Enabling Echo360 Active Learning Platform block and removing Echo360 block
Login to iLearn and select a S2 2017 unit.
- Turn editing on.
- Find the Echo Recordings block. It contains the text ‘Launch Echo Centre’. Click the settings icon to reveal a menu.
- From the settings menu select ‘Delete Echo Recordings block’.
- Select ‘yes’ to confirm deletion.
- While editing is still on, find the ‘Add a block‘ dialogue (beneath the last listed block on the unit page) and use the drop-down menu to select ‘Active Learning Platform’.
- The block link will be displayed. It looks similar to the Echo360 block link, so shouldn’t cause any student confusion during the change. At this point, the block is now accessible to students. When a student clicks the block they will be shown the unit’s Active Learning Platform page.
Note – The recording list is now accessible to students, however there is an additional step to configure the block so that when a convenor or lecturer clicks, they are also taken to the unit’s Active Learning Platform page.
7. Click the newly created ‘Active Learning Platform’ block link
8. Select ‘Link Content’ to. Ensure ‘Link to your Section Home’ option is selected.
If you experience any difficulty with this change over, or have other questions relating to Echo360 Active Learning Platform, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a OneHelp ticket.
Workshops on other Echo360 Active Learning Platform features and functionality will be held over the next few months and other how-to posts and guidance notes will follow. If you have specific training requests, please email me at email@example.com.
Welcome back for Session 1 2017!
The Learning Technology Services team has put together a quick list of resources to help you get set up for Session 1.
Continue reading Learning Technologies Essentials for start of Session 1
It is a cry we often hear:
How do you engage students during face to face lectures? They’re on their devices and physically present but I don’t know that they are mentally present!*
If you feel this shared pain, why not come along to our next Learning and Teaching Exchange?
Continue reading Learning & Teaching Exchange – exploring student engagement in face to face
Like all technology, iLearn can sometimes seem to experience a technical hiccup, become slow or even go offline. But any number of things could actually be the cause of this – such as your broadband connection, or the wireless network on campus, or maybe Cookie Monster decided to break the internet. Here are a few simple steps to work out what’s causing the problem.
Continue reading Is iLearn down, or is it just me?
We’ve been contacted by a few teaching staff who have been timetabled into rooms that only capture the audio of their lectures. While the university is moving to upgrade teaching rooms to have screen capture of the lectern, we have an idea for how you can get around this until this happens.
Using Echo360 Personal Capture software, you can use your laptop. This will allow you to connect your computer to the lectern, project your lecture slides onto the screen and record your lecture – audio and lecture slides!
Sounds great and you’re keen as a button? Register for the next workshop on Echo Personal Capture (running on the 2nd April) or contact your faculty Educational Designer through firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about how you can do this.
Please be aware that the iLearn drop-in clinic moves to a new location on Monday, 23rd Feb.
We will be located in W6B 259 for the first week of Session.
Come and see us for help with:
Continue reading iLearn drop-in clinic moves to a new location Monday 23 Feb
The iLearn Drop-in Clinic is back!
Staff are welcome to swing by the drop-in clinic for support with anything to do with iLearn. On hand will be our friendly team of resident experts to have you prepared for Session 1.
Get help with: Continue reading Need support? Come to the iLearn drop-in clinic
Never fear, the iLearn Drop-in Clinic will soon be here!
The Drop-in Clinic will kick off on 9 February to support staff in readiness for the start of Session 1. On hand will be our friendly, supportive staff to help you with all things:
- iTeach – iLearn Spaces (in plain English, creating/activating your iLearn unit for the new session)
- iTeach – Unit Guides
- Echo360 (timetabled lectures continue to be automatically recorded – audio/screen capture depending on timetabled room facilities)
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s the time, date and location?
(click image to view larger size)
Ho ho ho and Christmas cheer, the end (of the year) is almost here!
The Christmas season is soon upon us. Please be aware of
iLearn support during the Christmas/New Year break:
Continue reading iLearn support over the Christmas and New Year period