The Macquarie University Faculty of Business and Economics PACE team is seeking one or more casual Senior Research Assistants to support internal projects including the co-creation of curriculum for work-integrated learning in international business and the integration of generic skills in the business curriculum.
About the Role
The successful applicant will have a range of responsibilities in this dynamic and varied role, including:
- Provide and conduct research, development and administrative support for implementation of research project(s) to support curriculum design and the development of learning and teaching tools
- Organise and assist with facilitation of focus groups and workshops
- Assist in analysing data
- Help prepare outputs, such as plans for unit structure, assessment tasks and online tools and templates
- Work cooperatively with the FBE PACE and project teams and other stakeholders to maintain positive and equitable work and learning experiences
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Honours or Masters degree in business, social science or other relevant field
- Experience in using NVivo for qualitative data analysis
About Macquarie University
Macquarie University is a workplace like no other. From our inception we have crossed traditional boundaries. We developed the first electronic calculator for people with vision impairment, wireless internet technology and the Macquarie Dictionary. We were the first university in Australia to introduce childcare on campus and the first to appoint a female Vice‐Chancellor. We were founded to be different, and we have always been at the forefront of changes to the way we work, live and learn.
Our University is set on a wide, park‐like campus, with all the facilities you would expect in a world‐class CBD. With our new high‐tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, excellent transport, and the newly expanded Macquarie Park shopping mall next door, Macquarie is a great place to work and relax.
The Faculty of Business and Economics has a worldwide reputation as a leading business and economics school. We’re famous for our actuarial studies courses and our actuarial program has been running longer than any other in Australia.
Our mission is to make a positive contribution to business and society in the Asia‐pacific region and beyond.
Hourly Rate: $51.76 ‐ $53.32 p/h (Level 6)
Appointment Type: Casual.
Enquiries: Jennifer Ruskin at Jennifer.Ruskin@mq.edu.au
Applications accepted until 5pm Wednesday 8 June or until filled
How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter addressing selection criteria to Jennifer Ruskin.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non‐traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.