1. Who’s Lynda again?
2. What’s the deal here?
Macquarie now has a site-wide licence that provides unlimited access for all students and staff (you’d have to pay a monthly subscription of on average $34.99 to get the same access yourself!). As well as watching videos, you can create and share playlists with other Macquarie staff and students. You can access from anywhere – from campus, from home or even on your mobile.
3. How do I access it?
Instructions are available here. You can also search for and access lynda.com videos through the Library’s MultiSearch platform. Access is via OneID.
4. What could I use it for?
The possibilities are vast, for example:
- Help students improve essential software skills, like Excel
- Provide a playlist to students on presentation skills ahead of a class presentation
- Use the videos to help you redesign a unit with a Flipped Classroom approach
- Develop your own leadership or project management skills
- Indulge your secret wish to become a DJ or an Instagram star in your spare time
6. Can I use the videos in iLearn?
You can add a link to a Lynda.com video in iLearn, just as you would any other url.
7. I’m in. When can I start using it?
Right now! Access is already available to all students and staff. And please spread the word amongst your colleagues. We’ll also be advertising to students through Orientation in the lead up to Session 2.
8. What do I do if something goes wrong?
Visit the Lynda.com support pages – see http://libguides.mq.edu.au/lynda.
9. Who do I contact for more info about the rollout at Macquarie?
Look out for more tips and ideas for using Lynda.com coming soon on Teche!