Welcome back for Session 1 2017!
The Learning Technology Services team has put together a quick list of resources to help you get set up for Session 1.
Open 10am – 2pm weekdays for help with all things iLearn.
Drop in any time at the following locations:
Monday 13 – Friday 17 February: C5A 204
Monday 20 – Friday 24 February: C5A 204
Monday 27 February – Friday 3 March: W6B 259
- Log into iLearn to build your iLearn space.
- Remember to link your Unit Guide from iLearn.
- Need iLearn Help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit the iLearn Drop-in Clinic or visit iLearn quick guides.
- Use iTeach to edit and publish your Unit Guide. Students can view published unit guides at unitguides.mq.edu.au
- Activate your iLearn space in iTeach. In iTeach you can create your unit for Session 1, add students and other teaching staff, and set access dates. Visit iTeach guides for more information.
- Has your reading list been sent to the library so that texts can be located in Unit Readings and Reserve? Email email@example.com
- Echo360 will record timetabled ‘lectures’ or ‘seminars’ (not repeat lectures) in venues that support automatic recording (check here). If not, you can make a booking to record your lectures. If in doubt, please submit a OneHelp request.
- Add the Echo360 Block in iLearn to make recordings available to students.
- Note: If you are reusing past or pre-recorded lectures from previous years, please submit a OneHelp request to have them enabled for use in 2017.
TEACHING VENUES AND AV
- Visit the 2017 Timetables page to view your unit’s timetable. Click the location name to see the room’s profile including size, equipment and access details. For any timetable or room issues, please contact your Faculty Timetable Officer.
- Please check you know how to use the AV equipment in your teaching space. AV training is now available. For help, phone the number displayed in the room, or use the contact details shown in the room’s profile page on the Timetable. If in doubt, check with AVTS. Note: Teaching in a computer lab? Please also check the right software has been loaded by the local IT manager.
- TEDS Student Surveys are available to order from Week 1 of Session. For more information please contact Michael Marston.
Feel free to search Teche for other articles relating to the beginning of session. However, please note that the staff portal has just been updated so some hyperlinks may now be updated or broken.