Here’s an overview of the main need to know’s ..….
Exam meetings in the Departments
- Moderation of assessments should have been taking place throughout the unit offering this session.
- Recommended that program based committee meetings precede a full Department exam meeting.
- The focus questions for the discussion of the units within Departments have been changed.
- Representatives from the Faculty Standards and Quality Committee (FSQC) will attend a selection of the program meetings.
- Department exams meetings should focus on the quality assurance process, including the mitigation of academic misconduct.
Unit Convenors will be required to provide information about their unit via the Department Exam Results Report (a shared document in One Drive here – there is one report for each Department). This document incorporates all the information required from Unit Convenors.
Exam results spreadsheets will be sent out to Unit Convenors by staff in the Student Centre.
Please refer to the document in OneDrive called Unit Convenor Exam Results Processing which includes descriptors for the different types of grades that can be used.
Discussion of Units within Departments
The discussion of units should focus on the following three questions:
- What pre-moderation/quality assurance was used in the design of assessment tasks and marking procedures?
- How were the details of assessments varied from last offering to this offering? (eg change essay question etc)
- Explanation of any grades not able to be finalised (number of different types on incompletes and reason/s) and details of anticipated resolution date.
HEADS OF DEPARTMENT
Heads of Department are required to complete the FoHS HOD Examinations Report to Faculty in OneDrive and forward the report and the Minutes of Department Exam Meetings by no later than 9am on Monday 11th December.
Faculty Exam Meeting – Monday 11th November 2017 – X5B292 1.30-4.00