Dear Unit Convenors
A Google drive document is available for each Department which incorporates all the required information – here is the link.
The Convenor’s Report focuses on three questions :
- What moderation took place in the Assessment Tasks?
- What moderation took place when consolidating the final grades?
- How was the risk of academic dishonesty managed?
Particular attention needs to be given to units where:
- The grade distribution is inconsistent with previous offerings;
- The distribution is atypical, including (but not limited to) high rates of failures, HD or incompletes, and bulges (especially at the credit level).
Such units should be discussed in detail at the Department meeting and, unless the Department is satisfied with the explanations of the distribution, the unit will be returned for further moderation. Where a unit is returned for moderation, students should be given an incomplete grade until moderation is completed to the satisfaction of the Head of Department (or nominee).
Department meetings will also discuss any units where the risk of academic dishonesty was not adequately managed and solutions for future offerings should be identified.
Please contact me with any queries about the examinations process.
Mitch Parsell, AD Learning & Teaching