The Learning and Teaching Centre is here to help with teaching in Session 3. Here are a few set-up reminders and some ways we can assist. Remember you can come along to the iLearn Drop-in Clinic for help with all things iLearn!
- Use iTeach to publish your Unit Guide. Students can view published unit guides at unitguides.mq.edu.au
- Activate your iLearn space in iTeach. This means creating your unit for the upcoming session, adding students and other teaching staff, and setting access dates. Follow theiTeach Quick Guides.
- If you don’t have access to the right units, please contact your Department.
• Remember to link your Unit Guide from iLearn.
• Has your reading list been sent to the library to that texts can be located in Unit Readings and Reserve Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Echo360 will record timetabled ‘lectures’ or ‘seminars’ (not repeat lectures) in venues that support automatic recording (check here). If not, you can make a booking to record your lectures. If in doubt, please submit a OneHelp request.
- Remember to add the Echo360 Block in iLearn to make recordings available to students.
- Note: If you are reusing past or pre-recorded lectures from previous years, please log a OneHelp ticket to have them enabled for use this year.
TEACHING VENUES AND AV
- Visit the 2015 Timetables page to view your unit’s timetable. Click the location name to see the room’s profile including size, equipment and access details. For any timetable or room issues, please contact your Faculty Timetable Officer.
- Please check you know how to use the AV equipment in your teaching space. For help, phone the number displayed in the room, or use the contact details shown in the room’s profile page on the Timetable. If in doubt, check with AVTS. Note: teaching in a computer lab? Please also check the right software has been loaded by the local IT manager.
- TEDS Student Surveys are available to order from the start of Session 3.
CONTACT THE LTC
- For iLearn, iTeach, Unit Guides and Echo, please email@example.com
- For everything else, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or check with one of your Faculty’s LTC team members.
MORE INFO AND SUPPORT
Help is on hand for all things iLearn. Get ready for Session 3 or even start planning for Session 1, 2016!
Drop in any time during the following hours:
Tuesday 24 November 1pm – 3pm
Thursday 3 December 11am – 1pm
Wednesday 9 December 10am – 12pm
Here’s a recap of what to do and when for iLearn, iTeach and Unit guides. Read more.