Psychology successfully pioneered live streaming of lectures for their large first year units, PSYC104 in Session 1 and PSYC105 in Session 2. The student experience was extremely positive.
A set of rules has been developed for standards of practice for the roll-out of live streaming to other units:
- The minimum enrolment threshold for live streaming is 150 students;
- The physical seat allocation for a 100 level unit lecture will be 50% of the total number enrolled (with a repeat lecture timetabled). The repeat lecture can be cancelled after census date if the attendance at the repeat lecture drops below 50% of capacity;
- The physical seat allocation for 200 and above level units will be 40% of the of the total number of students enrolled (but this can be set per level if preferred);
- There will be no repeat lectures for 200 level and above units with live streaming;
- No additional on campus lectures will be timetabled even if enrolment numbers are greater than forecast (as additional students will live stream their lectures).
If you are interested in live streaming your lectures in 2018, please contact the Faculty Learning Designers via email to email@example.com